The Cure du Maine Charles overlooks the village of Birac, a commune in southwestern France, located & amp; in the department of Charente (region Nouvelle-Aquitaine). Around you can visit:
- The roman pons on the Charente a Vibrac (6 km.). Small beaches and swimming.
- The communal pool in Chateauneuf / Charente.
- The public beach does Damess Bath, with its tourist facilities Chateauneuf / Charente.
- The Golf and the Museum of the Band Dessinee, in Angouleme (25 km).
- The Dinosaur Cemetary (and other prehistoric bates) Angeac (6 km.). Excavations in the month of July. Exhibition of discoveries at the Museum of Angouleme route the year.
- The small Romanesque churches for the route of the Way of Compostela all around Chateauneuf (5km).
- The course of the Charente in canoe ox in gabarre (the boat with flat bottom of the sailors) as well as the Museum of Gabariers in Saint Simon.
- The Abbey Bassac (6 km.), a magnificent example of a medieval lease, restored in the seventeenth century.
- La Font-qui-Pisse, a place for rock climbing thanks to its rocks.
- The castle of Bouteville, medieval castle in semi-ruin, the only selected in Charente by Stephan Bern for his National Lottery.
- Chais de Cognac (Cognac 25 km.) with multi-lingual guided tours.
- Thermal center of jonzac (35km).